[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FIRST NATIONAL

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:17:30 -0500 (EST)

Sure.  My first National was in 1971 in Detroit.  We had just  moved to
Connecticut and Brian was about 2.  My sister took care of  him.  It rained in
Detroit and I came down with a lovely cold.   Anyway, the National was very
exciting.  I think it was Julius Due who was  doing intersex and he kept
running Mannix of Fran-Jo and Asslan of  Robinsway.  Mannix took the honors.
Aloha von Bid Scono was  GVX.  What beautiful dogs!!  There were 2 big
parties then at the  National.  The Victory Dinner on Saturday night and a big
casual dinner on  Friday night.  It was lots fun.  I missed 72 which was in GA
and I  think rivaled Lexington in terms of being cold and 73 which was held
in  Seattle.  By that time we had moved to Dayton, OH and knew Scorpio from
when he was just a baby.

And I remember one of the specialty shows in Dayton which was held on show
grounds with an old airplane.  David was about 3 and Brian about 5.   Well,
naturally, the plane was the big attraction and Brian was climbing on it
so of course David had to do the same.  David is standing on the wing about
to jump and someone says "Where is that child's Mother?!"  Well, I knew
David would jump and that I would not get the "Mother of the Year Award".   LOL

Tish

In a message dated 12/6/2011 2:01:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Darn,  some days you just can't do anything right or please everybody!

Can we  simply drop this and go back to talking about dogs and
memories....  SO much more pleasant

Stormy

expressed in any post.