[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FIREWORKS?

  • From: "Karen Rogers" <windyhillsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:51:23 -0500

I live in a sub-division where everyone has acreage.  People have horses,
cows, chickens, and many have dogs.  There is a church about 400 feet from
my property.  Every year the church sets off a hugh commercial  fireworks
display.  Normally this display is at the other end of their property which
consists of about 100 acres.  Last year they did this the weekend before the
4th.  The fireworks were exploding over top of my house.  This took me
totally by surprise for I wasn't expecting the display a week early.   The
animals in our neighborhood were terrified.  One of my older bitches became
so fightened that she dropped dead from a heart attack.  This year I am
prepared and will bring the dogs indoors.  Karen Rogers, Windyhills GSD