[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Extremely Proud - OT

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:06:56 EDT

As you should be.  Congratulations.
Ileana

In a message dated 8/8/2006 9:31:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx writes:
We just  received word that our son-in-law was a hero tonight. Capt. Tim
Smeltzer,  Northbrook FD., responded to a call of an elderly man who had
crashed
through a barricade and landed in a pond. Police and the fire department
were
called to the scene. Tim was in his emergency vehicle and arrived on  the
scene
with the police, prior to the arrival of the F.D.. The car began  to sink as
they
tried to keep the victim calm from the shoreline, at which  time Tim dove in
and pulled the handicapped gentleman out of his car and  to safety.
Tim was also an honorary pall bearer at the WTC,  and we cannot begin to
explain how proud we are of our entire family. Our  son Bryan is a Lt. at a
neighboring fire dept. and we cannot express  enough the pride we have for
the
service they bring to their  communities.
Gary and Patty  Szymcak

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared  mind