[ SHOWGSD-L ] Exciting Days ahead....and a bit of a tangent!

  • From: JACK KILGOUR <jackkilgour@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 22:19:41 -0600 (MDT)

I've been in the Toronto area for the last 4 days, visiting with friends in
anticipation for this week's Canadian National (Sept 20/21st).  Best of luck to
all the exhibitors!
On another note I've been watching a few DVDs from past Canadian Nationals -
last year's with Sue, Karin and Frank .....such wonderful judging and a very
good education to watch and re-watch the dogs and listen to the critiques.
Awesome...
I also re-watched one of my favorite Canadian Nationals - I believe the year
was 2006, with Morton Golfarb, Nancy Harper Mulvaney an Lee Brown.  Three
wonderful voices from the south who clearly share what they see - what they
know!  I recommend people contact John Gibbons and order a copy of it.
It occurred to me after watching Morton Judge Specials on the tape just how
valuable a tool this is in preparation for his judging of the U.S. Nationals
next month.  He's so consistent - so thorough - and so much of what he writes
about is exactly what comes to be in the ring...that natural, slow, easy,
suspended trot he mentors us on - that correct German Shepherd Dog
gait....those that performed as such were the animals who left the ring at the
top of the line - with their names forever in our history books!  In my opinion
it's not too late to train your class bitches to slow it down a few few
notches! Don't we all want to see them gait this way too?
I'm not sure what inspired this little tangent - I imagine it was the education
these DVDs contain - thanks to all judges who take the time to teach us
something...."and the crowd called out for more"....!
jack