[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Evidently not.....?.....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:27:58 -0800

When they start making more restrictions .....it will become pointless to
vote!!
We will just follow a rule of protocol on how often....and who should judge and
when and if they are "due"  whether anyone wants to fly or drive across the
Country
to exhibit under them or not.
Seems to me.....If the people  "want"  new judges to gain experience at the
Nationals
then I'm pretty sure the members know how to get a petition going and IF  they
are the
Judge the members want.....they WILL win the vote.    If not........so be it.
It's our vote!
When our National judges are getting there by a rotation  'system'.....most of
the actual
EXHIBITORS at the National will likely stay home.
Those of us driving, flying, bathing, conditioning, training and entering and
preparing
for the National pretty much know who we want to judge our dogs.    Just let us
VOTE!
No matter what you say and do.....there is always a judge some do not care for.
But ........
I still kind of like our system of  "freedom"  to petition and vote for who we
"want".
As a local Club....to nominate and vote for the Judges we want
As an exhibitor to show under who we want.

Now where is my flag!!    <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

----- Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
And  when we did it that way we had some newer faces judging at the
nationals, which appears to be what a lot of people  want.
If that is what a lot of people want, then why don't most people vote  the
same people?  Most people want the best judges possible, no matter if  they
have judged before or not.    Evan L.  Ginsburg
Also.....keep in mind.  Newer, younger judges need to gain experience to be able
to judge at a National.  Maybe it would be wise to bring a new face on each
panel.  The GSDCA will eventually run out of experienced breeder judges if they
don't provide the opportunity for newer judges.
Maybe we should require that one out of 3 conformation judges (for the National)
not have judged at the National prior to that year.   Kay