[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Everyone counts

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:55:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ruth........I've flip/flopped on the National Location in more ways that
one, I'm not even supposed to be talking about it in public....I am now in
Favor of a modified rotation..I am convinced that this is the fair thing to
do...but here is my problem...the fair thing to do is not always the RIGHT
thing to do....many times the fair thing is NOT the right thing...but we could
debate that for hours, which is what I used to do with my wonderful friend Dick
Whalen..Ed
From: terraf <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: caggra@xxxxxxx, EJDegen@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 6:20 AM

I can agree with you Julie but just because a vote was done on ???, we must
look at the situation (s) now and ahead.  The economy, gas, and the rest are
different than the day that vote was done.  We need to be people that are
willing to keep assessing and understanding this world is changing.  We
should be forward thinkers and not what was done in the past.  We also
should have a written record of why something was done and how.  Do we?  I
think that we do not need to just jump on something but we have to be open
to what the need and concerns are.  If not we just become apathetic to the
situation and throw up our hands in disgust.  I believe this should be
revisited every few years.  I also believe the Board members and others need
to enlighten us with why or how these decisions are made.  If they, the
Board, does not want to take the time to communicate to the membership, then
point us in the direction (s) of the written record of this so we can
research it ourselves.  My gosh we have the best way to communicate, the
internet, and yet communication is sparse.  We have the Review, and yet,
where is the information from our Board on such subjects?  Why don't we
demand more from the Board about these issues?  We can speculate all we want
and that is fine, but there is a Board and there are those that
know...can't
we just dialogue a little?
Terra Fairburn

is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION