[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Everyone counts

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EJDegen@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:25:37 -0700

Hi Terra;
The discussion over the Beaumont site went on for a while.....on this List and
at the Board
meetings.....but that was a year or so ago as we even looked at an alternative
site.
The Beaumont National site has been on the books for some time and the Parent
Club
members in that area have worked hard to make it happen.
All Board decisions are in the minutes.......and you can usually contact any
Board member.
Actually the Beaumont site was decided on over  "two terms ago"  regarding most
of the
present Board.    I am in my second term on the Board,   and the Beaumont site
was decided
upon before I ever became a Board member..........so you can see that you, as a
member also
have to pay attention ....... read the minutes .....and stay in contact with
Board members as it is
a "little late"  for dialogue on the 2008 site at this point.
For that matter......the National site  for 2009  and 2010 are already signed
contracts.
If you check the P & P  Manual you will see the long list of requirements for a
National site.
The Board also depends upon Parent Club members to send in a packet with some
of these
requirements as a proposal or suggestion for some of the sites we have set
before us.
We / you, have a Site Chairperson or the National Chair working on it all the
time,  years ahead
of time.
If you know of a site that fulfills all of the requirements  AND is easy access
for 2/3  or 3/4  of
the membership please contact any Board member any time.
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com