[ SHOWGSD-L ] Evan, the blog, and people in general

  • From: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:41:03 -0400

        If you have time please go and read Evan's last post to the blog.  Why
anyone with any
sense at all would treat Evan badly because of the troubles in the club is
completely
beyond me.  Just goes to show you that some people can't see the forest for the
trees....
it is not Evan who is to blame.

                I've been told that some people at the show behaved very badly
to others...trying to
trip them (and yes, I mean that literally), refusing to speak when spoken to,
not
supporting certain dogs' wins, etc, and just in general behaving like pendejos.
 (Look it
up)
.
                I was told that certain people showed up at the Annual Meeting
ready to "lord it over
others," and sat down smirking and ready to make a scene or two...luckily, they
didn't
get a chance to do it, and they left and just faded away for the time being.

        There is a time and a place for everything.  Loyalty to friends is a
great thing...but
not when those friends don't deserve it.  Blaming someone who tries to explain
situation, when that someone is only trying to help, is ridiculous....

        Hopefully, things in the club will settle down now, and the new
Officers and Directors
will be able to bring us all back together and make us worthy of our dogs.  It
is, after
all, supposed to be about the dogs...not about egos, personalities, and power.
The dogs
are better that we are...and there are an awful lot of us who need to take a
lesson from
them.

                Next year, if God is good, Evan will be there to blog again for
those who can't make
the trip...and we can enjoy the National, and everything between now and then,
with open
hearts and minds...and no fighting and mean behaviour.

        Evan, thank you again so very much for letting us at home share in the
excitement of the
National...and thanks to all who helped you do it.

Peggy

                Let us be worthy to own these wonderful animals, after all.