[ SHOWGSD-L ] Evaluating puppies

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 05:55:29 -0400 (EDT)

As a breeder I do not find it unusual at all that another breeder would
check for bites...even if there was never a problem in the past...as a breeder
I  AUTOMATICALLY check bites, testicles, and ears simply because those are
the  three obvious things that MIGHT be an issue when you are looking at
prospective  shows pups.
From your email, it appears that there was an issue with bites in that
breeding...but generally speaking any and all breeders that I know just
automatically check for those three things I mentioned...does not automatically

mean that there have been issues in the past...just saying that this is not a
 "sign".

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/ BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Multi BOB & GRP W AKC CH. Ropaja's Je Suis
Fleur De Lis;  Multi-BOB & GRP W AKC CH Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.

In a message dated 6/7/2012 12:27:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Msg: #2  in digest
From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  DM...awful thing
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:23:54 -0400

Cynthia, I  have a 10 year old male that I think is suffering from DM.  I
have had  German Shepherds since 1971 and have never had a problem.  With my
last  litter I did an outcross to a nearby champion.  When the litter was 8
weeks old the owner of the sire made a special trip to see the puppies.
She checked all of their bites which we thought was odd.please let me know.
Linda HendrixSt James ShepherdsLin Chi Tibetan  Spaniels