[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eva

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:27:15 EDT

Around a year ago, a beautiful year old bitch was returned to me, reason
being she was "too small", and too protective, would not come, etc. She was
totally unsocialized...had never left the premises. The wonderful list friend
Laura Thomas tried to help the owners (my relatives, LOL), but they could not
get control of Eva. She was a beautiful, petite (but normal size) girl, with
sparkling laughing eyes, and a lot of attitude. She was dog aggressive, would
not come when called, and was unsocial (shy). Over time, here, she learned to
be  social, came when called, and put on some weight, and no longer seemed too
small  by any standard. She is top show quality by any measure, but is missing
two  premolars. Last week, I found a great home for her, a single lady in her
50s,  who had two mixed breed male dogs, and was a very savvy dog person. Eva
and the  dogs got along beautifully...it was  was love at first sight  for
all  of them. I have never seen anything like it in my life.  This lady (Gail)
took her everywhere with her including to work, where Eva was  friendly and
well behaved. Last night when Gail and Eva came home, Eva alerted  at the
bedroom
door, and then went berserk, barking hysterically, snarling, and  throwing
herself at the door. Gail very foolishly opened the door, and saw two  men
there
in her bedroom. Eva tore into the intruders, biting and snarling
ferociously. Gail ran screaming from the house to a neighbors, where she
called
911...The police arrived in minutes.. the thieves (or worse) were gone,  but
Eva was
still in a threatening mode, trying to go out the window (point of  entry)
where the men had exited, running for their lives. The two mixed  breed males
were
shaking in the corner of another room. Gail got Eva last  Sunday, it is
incredible to me that the timing was so perfect... and the match  was made in
heaven... to protect Gail. Incidentally, Eva's sire is a Boss  son...Why am I
not
surprised? Syd

SYD  MAILBERG
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)
COMMISSION  PORTRAITURE