[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eulogy for a forgotten dog....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:28:40 -0800 (PST)

.we may never know where she came from...or what name was given to her
by those who purchased her as a wriggly, wagging puppy; full of trust
for her human caregiver.  She left this earth alone...abandoned by the
monster who adopted her from the local Humane Society.... trapped by
the wire bars that kept her prisoner...
....we will never know the
agony she suffered as she laid waiting...day in and day out....for
someone to release her so that she may relieve herself...waiting ...for
a drink of water to slake her thirst, or a pan of food to ease the
pains of hunger that gnawed constantly....waiting in vain to hear the
footsteps of her returning Master.....who was not to return.
.....This
once noble German Shepherd dog was found dead from starvation, lying in
her own excrement,  with her teeth still wrapped around the bars that
contained her.
.....We have christened her Noel....for she now
rests in His arms, beyond the pain of this earth. May her hideous death
be a constant reminder of the evil that is perpetrated on those who
have no voice....
WE will be her voice......we were her Last Hope...and for her, we came too
late...

She will NOT have died in vain.

The Members of LHSH

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.