[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Eukenuba

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, rfreeny@xxxxxxxxxxx, dir@xxxxxxxxxx, cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:24:29 EST

I am sorry for whoever wrote this.  Obviously he/she has not been  exposed to
a lot of American lines.  If you raise an American puppy as a  schutzhund
puppy, he can be a schutzhund dog or a working dog.  My  daughter has done so.

If you raise a German puppy to be  quite and docile, he probably will not be
a schutzhund dog.  The drive and  intelligence is there in American dogs.  But
most Americans do not want to  develop it.  It is a lot of work.
Most Americans have a worse ethic than their dogs.
If you start at 5 to 8 weeks, American dogs from reasonably intelligent
parents can be trained to do what comparable German dogs can do.  I've had
both.
Biting my tongue, I have heard over and over, "she could have  finished"  I
choose to finish mine instead of training them.  That is  where my time and
energy goes.  But I've studied "drives" and know how to  utilize drive reward
create a "show" dog.  So stop putting down my dogs  intelligence.  ANd YES YOU
DID!
Carol  Moore

In a message dated 12/5/2006 2:30:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm  sorry for the one who said American lines can do anything the
Germanlines can  do...I don't completely believe that. Schutzhund being one of
them.