[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ethics?????..what's that?

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:17:13 -0700 (PDT)

"Ethics deals with what we believe to be good or bad
> and with the moral obligations that these beliefs imply. Ethics involves
> the rules for deciding right and wrong and the code of conduct that is
> based on our decisions. ....Ed Hill

Great Ed.... Exactly....
We usually think of ethics as a set of laws to measure behavior - and law
is necessary, but ethics has to be more. It is our way of evaluating why
we do what we do and correcting our options of behavior before we act. It
is the principles that motivate us rather than just the laws that restrict
us. Subtle difference but profoundly important.
Dave