[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ethics?????..what's that?

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT)

Its like Santa Claus..everybody has a different opinion of what it is, and some
folks don't believe in it at all...according to an article.." Developing
Ethical Leaders Through Action" 1990, don't have the publication
sorry....."Ethics deals with what we believe to be good or bad and with the
moral obligations that these beliefs imply. Ethics involves the rules for
deciding right and wrong and the code of conduct that is based on our
decisions. While there are some things that not everybody sees eye-to-eye with
in this area, there are a whole lot more that we do agree about. Most of us
don't think it is right to cheat in school; many of us think that it is
injustice to punish someone who didn't do anything wrong. As an idea, ethics is
simple, but the consequences are profound!".......I used to think that the
biggest problem with this sport was JUDGING.....don't believe that
anymore...ETHICS or the lack-there-of is the biggest problem in this sport (
and that many times
 effects judging)..if we had a meaningful ethics code with consequences for
clear violations many of the un-ethical things that happen all too often would
not happen....but I have no doubt that things will continue just as they
are...and secretly many folks want it to.....the rule-violators, the dis-honest
judges, the un-ethical breeders, the gossip mongers, the folks who don't honor
their financial obligations to handlers...etc...don't worry I'm almost
gone....Ed Hill