[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Essential behavors for any dog? & Small Brag

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 03:12:52 GMT

I agree with you, Doc.  I try to only use NO for VERY serious corrections.
Uh-uh, wait, settle, or leave it work very well 99% of the time.  When I say
NO, both Charlotte-Jo and Harley stop dead in their tracks.

I like some of your commands.  I use Hurry-up-go-potty instead of your simple
DUCE command.  I may try that.

Come IS very important.  For some reason, people are frequently surprised when
Charlotte-Jo comes on command.  Guess some don't realize that Chihuahua's are
quite trainable and strive to please like most all dogs do.   Besides that, my
dogs would rather be with me than anyplace else, so they really like to come!

I use HUP like you do, but, also for any forward motion...like through a narrow
opening and such.

I love your TEETH command.  You must show me how you teach that one.

Brag time:

Harley won his 32nd and 33rd BOB this weekend, culminating with another Group
II.  Shown under judges John A. Studebaker and Janet Turnage Nahikian at the
Bahia Sur Kennel Club shows in Chula Vista, CA.  Proudly handled by JR
Alcantara.

Paula, 113 days and counting

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047, DNA tested clear of the
long-coat factor.  #1 Male German Shepherd Dog in the Country, #5 German
Shepherd Dog in the Country, as of 5/31/10 (Canine Chronicles)