[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Essential behavors for any dog?

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:40:02 -0700

Yes, first of all a full proof recall is a must. And a long distance down is
great. And of course a stay & wait. I can think of a few more but these are
great. All very much needed at one time or another. One time my husband was
obedience trialing his GSD & a dog got up from its down stay right next to
his dog. It took off across this open field -- in a few seconds totally out
of site. The handler did a recall but it didn't return. Now you talk about
embarrassing at an obedience trial. I felt sorry for the handler he was so
devastated.

Kathy Partch