[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Escape Proof Kennels

  • From: "Wayne Ewart" <shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:12:16 -0300

Many years ago, we used to board a German bred dog that an airline pilot
friend of ours brought over from Germany. He wasn't a show do but not a half
bad dog. He could climb a 6' chain link fence like a cat could climb a
tree.Actually, we boarded a sheltie that could do the same. The shepherd
would climb the fence and head for town. We would go catch up to him, he
would jump back in the truck, take him home and it would start all over
again. Covering his run didn't help. I guess when he would come in to board
we would just crate him in a metal crate (he chewed that up pretty good too)
and take him out on a lead. Finally our pilot friend moved to another
airline and we lost track of him and his climbing dog.
The Sheltie, we just kept him in the house when he came in to board and he
was happy there.
Wayne
visit us on the web at www.gsdstyle.com