[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entry fees

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:47:49 GMT

I'm sorry that I didn't make that more clear. I was trying to avert a specialty
v. all-breed fight, again.

The questions posed to me about faulty GSD's are from dog show people, and
wanna be dog show people.  I went off from the backyard dogs comment
un-smoothly!!

I never meant to imply that "every Specialty dog has a bad temperament."  Many
do, as do all-breed dogs   I do see more poor temperament at Specialties,
though, maybe because specialty judges are more tolerant of it than all-breed
judges are?   Some specialty judges that I have highly respected, for many,
many years because of their stance on temperament, have disappointed me when
they cave on this issue. I have become quite skeptical when GSD people discuss
temperament, and make so many excuses for what I see.  That being said, I do
believe that GSD breeders have drastically improved both temperament and type
since the 70's.  Not enough, though.  Maybe I expect too much?  :-)

Paula, 188 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, 2 Time AKC JAM/AOE, Intern'l & Am CH,
Silver Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC
#64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st male GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1
GSD in California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC
GCH Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee, 2010-2011-Lifetime
AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2 Time Cruft's Invitee.