[ SHOWGSD-L ] Entry fees

  • From: "Arcturus" <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 12:25:22 -0400

I'm reading this thinking about how a new person would view this. $50. to
enter, a handler fee and expenses and then if they didn't win...do you really
think they would come back?
  and if they did, how many times would they have to lose before they lost
interest?
   I also think the comments about the excellent quality of the dogs at the
specialties was interesting.   I was just at a speciality and overheard a big
time handler remark that if the  "dogs in the ring were in a pet owners
backyard,  the neighbor would be asking what's wrong with the German
Shepherd?".
  While I understand the "neighbor" is not knowledgable about German Shepherds,
 I think the handler makes a valid point.  So, if you're that newbie who just
spent $200. for a dog show, and your neighbor is asking "whats the matter with
your dog? "   What do you think the newbie is going to do?  He can't point out
all the wonderful champions in his dog's pedigree, because his neighbor is
already laughing at him and acting like he's a dumbass for buying into this.
Just something to think about.  Sue T.

any post.