[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entry Count - Seems good to me WHY?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 3/30/14, Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Many, not all of GSD that have a working a SchH title can be,
too much animal for a family or first time GSD owner.

**** I would like to add of what I have seen it is
the Czech GSDs I meet that I see this. Though the most GSDs
that end up in the shelters are the shy aggressive
ones that people are afraid of.

Until outsiders can look at the GSD breed sound of
temperament again people are going to shy away from them.
Now, I am not talking about show dogs, but the GSD's that
are bred to sell not perform.  Puppy Mill, useless backyard
breeders that I consider the same as they breed for profit
not caring about health or temperament issues. These dogs
run loose on streets, in fields, unfenced property to create
problems. It all boils to these GSDs being AKC Registered
that should never have been bred in the first place. People not
knowing buy these dogs as they are cheap and later when
the issues arrive the dog ends up in a shelter or loose
on the street.   The AKC runs profit  from these breeders with no
governing applied as in Germany with their Warden.
Anyone here can call themselves a breeder as
anyone can let 2 dogs breed. There are
no required proof of DNA that proves they even came from 2 GSDs as it
is not a requirement established with AKC. The GSD is No 2 and the Lab
is No 1 but neither breed is there because they are popular for their good
health
or stable temperament but due to market is there for profit.

Theresa

http://showgsd.org/mail.html