[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entry Count - Ring Size at AB's

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, cartalgs@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 23:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

Any request you have go to the Show Chairman with it.  I am show  chairman
for my AB club and have been for 20+ years.  I get request all the  time for
different things. People will build majors and want big rings, handler
want to request that certain breeds don't conflict on the judging schedule,
some  want to be in  the AM rather than PM , etc. I always try to do whatever I
 can to satisfy all request so joining an AB breed club would certain help
when  you put in your request.
Lee Brown
Too far from the womb and too  close to the tomb to care about what anyone
thinks of me

In a message dated 3/30/2014 6:00:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
"so join  your local AB club"

And...I have to tell you...there are some  incredible dog people with
different breeds of dogs. To just hang w/  GSD people is IMO a  mistake.
The more
you learn...the more you  learn. I get a kick out of GSD  people who think
the GSD is the only  dog that captures the flying trot...to them  I say,
watch
the balance  of the Herding Group and stay for the Sporting Group.

Me, I love some  of the Working Group and have a soft spot  for sight
hounds. How do  they pick puppies?  At what age?  What do  they look
for????

I learned from a collie person years ago how to pick which  puppy, similar
in size at 6 weeks, would have a broader head.   Doubt it?  Look  at my
Merlin.

There are many all  'rounders I will go out of my way to show to. I  value
their opinion.

I had a Vizsla person come up to me two weeks ago at class and  compliment
puppy, wanting to know where I got her, and she hit the good  points right
on...she obviously could see a front...she knew the  bitch puppy had
substantial  bone for a bitch...this lady knew GSD  movement...I'm sorry to
say I
know squat  about her breed but she  knew quite a bit about mine.

And...if we think we can't learn from  THEM...well, shame.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating  generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit  http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 3/30/2014  6:35:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cartalgs@xxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

Absolutely I  joined the Beaver County Kennel many years  ago, myself and
another Shepherd  person joined at the same time the  club was over 75 yrs
old
and we were the  first to join, now a number  of others have joined, I
spent
time as the ring  steward and kept  requesting a larger ring and also an
area
where we would be  away  from the other rings.  As many know the Steele
Valley cluster  show  first week of August is a large show and even has a
Shepherd  specialty on  Friday night.  Most of the shows are majors.. so
join  your
local AB club  and you can have input into these shows.   and even give
suggestions for  the  Judges.