[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entering multiple Futurities

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:28:17 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Jeff. I have not nominated a litter since this was brought up. Ann
caggra@xxxxxxx wrote:  These are all good reasons for considering entering
multiple Futurities.?? My fear is that this new change will allow only the top
tier or wealthy to enter their dogs all over the country, show up at Futurity #
1, see who their competition is, then go on to a different Futurity because
they can.? Many exhibitors cannot afford this.? So, this could turn into a game
that allows only those who can afford it, the luxury of 2nd or 3rd chances at
winning Futurities, while those who cannot "keep up with the Jones's" will fade
away because there is now another tool in place for them not to be able to keep
up.?
I am not saying I am totally against this idea.? If it increases entries and
enthusiasm about Futurities then give it a try.? But if what I say above comes
true, that is NOT in the spirit of Futurities or for attracting new people.?

JMO...

Jeff Pyle

From: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx ;
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
List
From: "Nancy Harper"

> Perhaps this will also afford some new and upcoming handlers an
opportuntiy??
> Nancy

So
> they can still make all of their clients happy, show the right dogs to the

> right judges at the right times????? This would definitely complicate
> matters....
>
> I didn't see anybody else post any feedback, what does everyone think???
>
> Kim

> POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the
original
kind

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS
> VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITI ON WILL BE PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the
original
kind

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
> PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

MANNER
ALL

http://mail.aol.com

Ann
                                     Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1
Dam I've Got It All. Breeder-owner of 64 champions and 18 ROMs