[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entering multiple Futurities

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(showgsd-l)>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:06:33 -0500

Thank you for the clarification. That isn't that big a deal. I suppose it
could still be advantageous for anyone who wants to pay a double handler
fee. From a handlers standpoint, if I show up and my clients pulls, I could
be justified in charging. Unfortunately that also keeps someone who may
have booked the same handler from booking them. Again, I am against this or
for this. If implemented, I will use it to my advantage just as I am
certain others will too. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
> <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>; "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List"
> <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:38 PM
> Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entering multiple Futurities
>

> > Nancy are you saying you can enter only one other futurity(a total of 2)
> or
> > all 9 regions. If you can enter all nine, I see this as being the most
> > advantageous to those who have the resources to enter all and book
> handlers
> > for everyone region as they can afford to lose the money for the entries
> > and the additional handler fees to book a handler and pay them for
either
> > showing or not showing the dog. I really don't care about this one way
or
> > the other, but I feel a potential cluster "you know what" coming on with
> > confusion about who is being shown where, by whom. Multiple bookings are
> > going to lead to people being left without a handler.Yes it would be
nice
> > for new handlers to be used, but first they have to be booked and maybe
> > they have multiple regions where they have the same dog entered, too.
> > Exhibitors will be showing up, reviewing the catalog then leaving if
they
> > don't like the competition.I can see people running around going " Is
such
> > and such here..if he is I am going to pull and go to the other
futurity."
> > The points you list below are well intended, I am just not certain that
> > those with the money who are determined to win something at any cost
won't
> > be benefiting from this the most. I can also see the income potential
> here,
> > and I am not quite convinced that perhaps that should be listed as point
> > number 1, not 4 on the list of benefits. So I have to ask, how is this
> > beneficial to promoting  the futurity as a Breeder's show? At the end of
> > the day, can't we all just be sportsmen, take our chances, may the best
> dog
> > win and go home. All you have to do is go and read past Reviews to see
> that
> > futurities are in most cases not defining moments in a dogs career. We
> keep
> > saying "its only a puppy match" yet we keep changing a revamping it. All
> > this attention certainly makes it seem that the fut/mats are incredibly
> > important and much more than "just a match!!!!" Christine
> >
> > hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Steve and Christine Grainger
> > WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Futurity,
> > but I am
> > >     > concerned that all the best handlers will overbook so much, that
> it
> > could
> > >     > become a little chaotic. They would be right to overbook, but do
> > they now
> > >     > need an algorithm to figure out who will actually end up showing
> > where?? So
> > >     > they can still make all of their clients happy, show the right
> dogs
> > to the
> > >     > right judges at the right times????? This would definitely
> > complicate
> > >     > matters....
> > >     >
> > >     > I didn't see anybody else post any feedback, what does everyone
> > think???
> > >     >
> > >     > Kim
> > >     >
> > >     >
> > >     >

> > >     > POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of
the
> > original
> > >     > author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS
> > of any kind
> > >     > are permitted without prior permission of the original author
AND
> > of the
> > >     > Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> > >     >
> > >     > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR
USE