[ SHOWGSD-L ] Enough BS! (Hunte)

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:21:52 -0800

> Wonderful post....I hope everyone takes time to read it...and you are so
> right.....if Hunte wants to stay a member of this club...all the changes
> to the bylaws in the world are not going to keep him out....at least not
> without the threat of a lawsuit.  If we weren't willing to fight the
> battle the first time for fear of litigation, why would the second time be
> any easier.  We had our chance and we blew it....not sure what the answer
> is now.
>  Cindy

If I read our by-laws correctly......
The process of membership.

(Following approval by the Board) -

"The applicant will receive a letter granting the applicant all privileges
of the Club, except the right to vote. Thirty (30) days following the
publication of the Review magazine in which the name of the applicant is
listed, the applicant will be granted the right to vote, provided no written
objection has been filed with the Membership Chairman. If an objection is
filed, a hold will be placed on such person's application pending
expeditious investigation and a report will be submitted within forty-five
(45) days to the Board of Directors by the Membership Chairman, for
appropriate action by the Board."

A.      Looks like the process is not yet complete and that up to 30 days
after his name is published, written objections can be filed. This then
places the membership on hold and triggers an investigation, to be concluded
within 45 days, then it goes back to the board of directors for appropriate
action.

            That action is not specified and seems to be left open to the
discretion of the board.

SO, does that mean that following the meeting where he was voted in, his
name is then published and for 30 days after the Review date, objections can
be filed.....

Dave