[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Emergency

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:06:47 GMT

Candy, Diana has been fighting for her life because of something like th=
is.  Same symptoms. It was not allergic, in her case.
She has immune-mediated anemia (NOT hemolytic).  It is from the modified=
 live virus parvo, IMHO.  Blood transfusions, pred and cyclosporin.
Very expensive, but, she is now doing great. Fingers crossed; vet thinks=
 she may be in complete remission.  More blood tests next weekend.
Shot received 8/18, transfusion needed 11/12.

Hope your friend has some extra cash.  This has been very expensive, but=
, well worth it, as far as I am concerned.  Thank God that we have the t=
reatments and some good vets nowadays.

Paula, 314 days and counting

From: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Emergency
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:48:38 GMT

I have a friend with a 5 1/2 month old GSD puppy she got from me.  The =

puppy was fine on Friday when the friend vaccinated the puppy with a =

modified live parvo vaccine.  Since then the puppy has missed a few meal=
s, =

but went on a daytrip yesterday to play with her brother.  When the frie=
nd =

got home last night she thought the puppy felt hot.  The temperature got=
 up =

to over 104.  She called the vet she works for and he felt it could be a=
 =

problem with the vaccine.  She gave the puppy Benadryl and antibiotics l=
ast =

night and 1 other med I can't remember.  She has the puppy into her vets=
 =

clinic right now to draw blood to have it checked.  She said the blood w=
as =

extremely thin and watery.  Stools have been normal.  Any thoughts?

CandyZ

Click for a free comparison on healthcare coverage and save 100's.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4tyaSZqEK3GqKvUmtf5=
qPLCQjXRy0WkIXEon9cgYZpAs0XLo/