[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Email to the GSDCA Membership

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:14:30 EDT

Molly, thank you for your post.   This is about what I have been thinking.
AS you said, my initial reaction, was, Great, he's out.   Then I read it more
thoroughly, and it sounds as if Hunte will agree to withdraw IF he and his
lawyers agreed to terms and conditions.   I thought it was very clear that
GSDCA,
a private club, could accept or refuse any applicant they choose.   No terms
or conditions upon which to be agreed.

There should be a revote (as the prior vote was cancelled by board vote, with
one absent), and the board should, by listening to the majority of the GSDCA
members) vote to not accept Hunte's membership application and notify him in
writing of the decison.

And that should be that.

STormy
In a message dated 4/26/07 1:40:18 PM, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:

> You know, I have read this many times.   My first knee jerk  reaction was
> send Lew a message and advised him I was pleased the  application was being
> withdrawn.  But I keep coming back to "terms  and conditions under which his
> application will be withdrawn".  The  more I read this, the less I like the
> sound
> of it.
> Any ol Joe applies for membership and you are in or out.  Any ol  Joe gets
> involved in a process that became convoluted and it gets sorted,  he is in
> or
> out.  So why because Mr Hunte isnt any ol Joe are we  dealing with terms and
> conditions????   You are in or out.   If he wishes to withdraw the
> application in
> good spirit to stop the  problems it has caused, then thank you for your
> concern and  goodbye  Mr. Hunte, end of story.
> But, if I have a good picture of what this man is about, he doesn't  bow out
> and go away gracefully .....the more I think about it, I am  wondering who
> he
> will be taking out with him or who will be staying as  part of terms and
> conditions????
> I also have a feeling that what gets decided the membership will  never be
> told, our secret or closed meetings will take care of that and  lord help a
> leak.
> I am wondering why, after all the response from the membership that  the
> board, knowing are wishes, don't simply call for a vote again and the  guy
> is in
> or out, period.
> I understand our ducks are in a row with our insurance......so can  someone
> please explain why we are negotiating terms and conditions?
> Molly

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs