[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Email to the GSDCA Membership

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:22:30 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2007 3:01:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  LEWIEB
writes:
TO:  The  GSDCA Membership

As President of the German Shepherd Dog  Club of America, Inc., I am taking
this opportunity to bring the members  of the GSDCA up to date on action  the
Board is taking concerning Mr. Andrew Hunte's application to  membership. I am
pleased to announce that Mr. Hunte has agreed to  withdraw his application for
membership in the GSDCA. The Board is working very hard to finalize the terms
 and conditions under which his application will be withdrawn. Until this
work is done there will be no further hearings on his  application.

You know, I have read this many times.   My first knee jerk  reaction was to
send Lew a message and advised him I was pleased the  application was being
withdrawn.  But I keep coming back to "terms  and conditions under which his
application will be withdrawn".  The  more I read this, the less I like the
sound
of it.
Any ol Joe applies for membership and you are in or out.  Any ol  Joe gets
involved in a process that became convoluted and it gets sorted,  he is in or
out.  So why because Mr Hunte isnt any ol Joe are we  dealing with terms and
conditions????   You are in or out.   If he wishes to withdraw the application
in
good spirit to stop the  problems it has caused, then thank you for your
concern and  goodbye  Mr. Hunte, end of story.
But, if I have a good picture of what this man is about, he doesn't  bow out
and go away gracefully .....the more I think about it, I am  wondering who he
will be taking out with him or who will be staying as  part of terms and
conditions????
I also have a feeling that what gets decided the membership will  never be
told, our secret or closed meetings will take care of that and  lord help a
leak.
I am wondering why, after all the response from the membership that  the
board, knowing are wishes, don't simply call for a vote again and the  guy is
in
or out, period.
I understand our ducks are in a row with our insurance......so can  someone
please explain why we are negotiating terms and conditions?
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret