[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Email to the Board

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-L'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:54:46 -0500

Peggy - I agree.  It is all worth something, and the GSDCA augment the
impact by networking  with other clubs and other groups, and has its own
network of regional clubs, comprised of local constituents, who can channel
the information to other local clubs and local constituents, so that there
is a spiral of intensity, in that exact area.

Email and the Internet have changed communication forever, to the point
where even repressive governments in parts of the world are unable to
maintain control.  These tools can be utilized to mobilize and to coordinate
the voices and responses of the pro-dog people, who are out there in great
numbers, but not as coordinated and perhaps not as well organized as those
pushing BSL and anti-dog legislation.  The GSDCA can and should send its own
direct response, and then can and should assist in mobiizing other clubs,
groups and individuals to do so as well.

It is obvious from Peggy's posts, and that of others today, that there are a
number of groups working hard to fight back.  We need to recognize how
dangerous the enemy is, how determined, and how well-funded, and link up
with them to fight back with everything we have, before it is too late.

Margery