[ SHOWGSD-L ] Email from AKC Store

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:19:06 EDT

If you have ever visited the AKC's Online Store you will probably be
receiving a bulk email like this one:

From:  AKCOnlineStore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

July 2005

Dear Lewis Bunch,

Visit our site at http://www.akc.org

NEW LEGISLATION PROTECTS PETS AND CONSUMERS

Photo: Isabelle Francais for AKC

The Pet Animal Welfare Statute of 2005 (PAWS) - recently proposed

federal legislation aimed at strengthening the Animal Welfare Act

(AWA) - is one of the most important pieces of canine legislation

since the AWA itself was signed into law in 1966.  While the original

intent of the AWA was to regulate the care and use of animals in the

laboratory, it has become the only federal law in the U.S. that

regulates the treatment of animals in research, exhibition,

transport, and by animal dealers.

 Read the full article

(http://www.akc.org/enewsletter/yourakc/2005/july/PAWS_article1.cfm)

It is hard for me to believe that AKC is actually campaigning WITH the
ARistas to pass PAWS.  I am telling you right now, we MUST work together to
defeat
this or it will not matter where our national is held nor how many Futurity
Regions we have because there will not be dog shows as we know them today.  The
Aristas will take away the Dog Show Breeders using this legislation.  Do
something today, write your Senator, write AKC, go outside and yell, just do
something.

Lew