[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Eileen Parr Show Sec Riv/Sbdo no response

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:39:53 EDT

Dear Kathy:
Having been Show Secretary for Specialties a few times, perhaps you can  tell
me why some entries are sent at the very last possible second to  Specialty
Secretaries? If it was an All Breed show, the entries ARE sent in  time, or you
don't get entered. I know our premiums go out weeks in advance of  the shows
giving everyone AMPLE time to mail in entries. Why does it seem that  some
entrants feel we should take entries by phone, and bend over backward to
accept
the last second entries? I know we try our best to accommodate the  entrants,
since we hope for majors, but when is it too much to expect people to  simply
mail their entries in on time, so they don't have to make frantic last  minute
calls to Secretaries?
Unless you are entering using a credit card, on the day entries close, you
can't realistically expect a last minute entry using a regular Show
superintendent, so why at the Specialties?
Just curious as to why some folks wait until the last  minute....?    Marcia
in Missouri