[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Eileen Parr Show Sec Riv/Sbdo no response

  • From: RFWFORGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:40:38 EDT

As I've probably said enough to counter these rantings, I'll just copy my
original response into this email.  First, however, I must tell you a  little a
about our Show Secretary, Eileen Parr.

Eileen is a professional.  She is engaged to perform as Show Secretary  in
around 20 shows per year, including several National Specialities.  As a
professional, she takes her job seriously and any kind of mistake is anathema
her. She utilizes state of the art software and hardware in her work.  She  is
one of the few we know that has the ability to publish catalogs in  color.  We
have always found her to be civil, engaging, and  responsive.  I believe we've
proven that Eileen was easily reachable and  responsive, within AKC rules
which she does take seriously.

So we don't intend to fire Eileen.  I don't intend to rehash old  stuff, and
I learned long ago, after 11 years on the GSDCA  Board as  Recording
Secretary, Vice President and Director, that it is a waste of time to  saw
sawdust.

See you at the shows!
Dick Whalen
President
San Bernardino/Riverside GSDC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++=====
When someone takes comments out of context,  and slants their comments  based
on hearsay, I've found the best thing to do is to restore the context, as
follows:

"Hmmm , interesting E-mails from this person.
Jean has been  Show Chair since 1999. Our phone number and fax as well as
the
phone  numbers of other club members AND the show secretary are well
publicized in the premium list, and the monthly Newsletter.  All   work very
hard and
are very interested in making the San   Bernardino/Riverside GSDC shows the
best
they can be.

Jean and  I have been at the Mission circuit shows on Friday and  Saturday.
Jean collected entries and changes from a number of exhibitors  and
delivered
them to the Show Secretary, Eileen Parr, on Saturday, prior  to  closing.
Kenny
had given the change for the dog he finished on  Friday  to Jean and it was
included in those documents.  Eileen  made a special trip  on Saturday to
meet
Jean to pick up these last  minute entries and changes.

I can respond that Kenny Tank approached  Jean yesterday at the show and
commented that Kathy hadn't  been  able to reach Eileen. Jean immediately
dialed
Eileen on her cell phone  and handed the phone to Ken who then spoke to
Eileen.
(Seems strange  that we haven't seen a  bunch of emails about  that phone
call!)

We received a number of calls here at our house from people with  questions
and others who wanted a premium list.  We responded to  these requests
within
24 hours.

If I seem perturbed about this,  your are right.  Not one phone call to  us
by
Kathy,  but she  takes the time to publish four emails to the  List?  What is
wrong  with this picture?  It seems to me there is  something wrong with the
picture of someone  needlessly blasting a club and  their show  secretary.

I must point out that the AKC provides procedures to  move a dog up, or
change classes, etc.  They are written in the  AKC Guidelines for Dog  shows.
 AND,
it shouldn't  be  necessary to point out that the hard  working folks who put
on our  shows deserve a bit of appreciation for their  efforts on your
behalf.

Dick Whalen
President
San Bernardino/Riverside GSDC
and, loving  spouse of Jean Whalen, Show Chair.,
(Celebrating 50 years of marriage on June  9 2006)."

++++++++++++++++++
In a message dated 5/28/2006 12:58:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
_Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx)
 writes:

In a  message dated 5/28/2006 12:25:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, RFWFORGSD

writes:
Not one  phone call to us by Kathy

Why would  anyone automatically call the president of any club when it is
the
SHOW Secy who is responsible for the entries???????
I am not the only  person who got NO response from your Show Secy.  And  yes,
Ken  did talk to Jean at the show AFTER HE TOLD HER WE HAD TRIED TO GET IN
TOUCH WITH EILEEN FOR TWO DAYS BY PHONE, FAX AND EMAIL..  Jean  herself
admitted
that the Show sec'y was gone.  NO ONE knows  that you were taking  entries at
the Circuit, because it is not  publicized.  When Ken said , not  joking
"this
is the only show  sec'y in the country you cannot get in touch  with"  Jean
Laughed it off.    Ken wasn't laughing and  neither was I  or others that I
have
talked to.
If you you publicize someone as  show sec'y then you would EXPECT them to
answer calls, faxes or  emails.  You would certainly EXPECT them to be
available
24-36  HOURS PRIOR TO AND DAY OF CLOSE.  IF THEY CANNOT, AND WILL  NEVER BE
,
THEN GET A NEW PERSON OR POST THE ALTERNATE SEC'Y IN THE   PREMIUM.

As far as contacting you, we did that last year, Dick, as well  as  your
sec'y
and our entries NEVER MADE IT IN.  SO YOU WILL  HAVE TO  FORGIVE OUR COMPLETE
LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN WORKINGS OF YOUR  CLUB.  OUR  EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS
WERE
ONLY RETURNED AFTER  CLOSE....
Kathy