[ SHOWGSD-L ] Egocentricity, ethnocentricty, who cares?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 13:02:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/09 10:33:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The cop  asked me why I let him in, then, when I knew my dog could bite
him.  I  told him, "He isn't stupid!!"
He was amazed that Harley is all American Show lines, an AKC Champion and
did some sheep-herding.  He couldn't keep his eyes off of Harley and
commented on his nice bone, substance, and overall appearance.

When the cop was leaving, I asked him if he thought the prowler/creep was
still around.  He pointed at Harley and said, "You have nothing to worry
about with him here!!"

For those who keep insisting the American lines can't do it all, take
note. The German shepherd is one breed.  There are some bred in Germany,  some
bred in America, some bred in India, and some bred in Cuba. Other than
accents, they are all the same genetics, and can all do what they can do. Some
from each country can do some of the stuff, and some from each country can't.
I  still can't spell and I am an American.

I know Americans are so much smarter than Cubans, (not counting Dania),
but we need to stop saying one country has better dogs, or one countries dogs
can't do something.  It is such nonsense and only shows the ignorance of
the speaker.  Ethnocentricity is a great trait, but other than a long word,
it never has been of much value.

My dog is better than your dog.  That is only because I own  him.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/