[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Education and Judging Dogs

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:48:38 -0600

Ed-I agree with every thing you say BUT the problem is who will do the
critiques of the judges?  A Breed Survey was tried years ago but if your dog
did not survey well the problem, in the owners mind, was not the animal but
the person doing the survey. A  similar thing will happen with a critique of
judges.  The supposed problem will not be the judge being critiqued but will
be the person doing the critique.  One of the best systems is the German
system of continued education and observations of judging.  We have a
different mindset than the Germans and our judging system involves over 150
breeds while the German system, which I admire, has only one breed to be
concerned with.  D.D.