[ SHOWGSD-L ] Editorial From the Dog Press

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:52:54 -0400

From the Dog Press

  If you came here from Page Two, you know what's going on in America.  For
want of a more descriptive term, let's call it AA Legislation because that's
exactly what it is.  Anti-animal, Anti-America.  It goes by other names such
as animal rights, animal control and more accurately spay/neuter.  But don't
think for one minute that it hasn't always been anti-America!

The cleverly subversive laws began to erode your rights 25 years ago.  You
were too busy to notice that your kids were taught to disrespect your family
values and customs by PETA-supplied materials.  There were other signals but
you had a litter to plan, dog shows to enter, and your job and family to
worry about.  That pretty well filled your plate and you pushed "bad news"
to the back burner.  Even as your awareness grew, you left it to others to
stir the pot.

Start a list of things of rights you gave up.  It will be a long list.
Let's take just one example.  Smoking.  I was a smoker but it wasn't the
tobacco I gave up, it was the ever-increasing chemicals and addictive
substances that I finally rejected.  My grandfathers smoked for a thousand
years.  It did them no harm.  Tobacco was clean, a religious and ceremonial
tool.

So you smoke or you don't but now you can't smoke in public.  If you live
next to a righteous non-smoker in Florida you can't light up in your own
home!  You gave up that right long before you were made to feel guilty for
poisoning others with second hand smoke.  Now you pay more for a pack of
cigarettes than the alcoholic pays for a bottle of booze!   But who's
counting?

Here's an interesting fact for pot smokers or those who remember when Coke
contained cocain.  Over 300,000 deaths per year from prescription drugs
rivals stats on those who die from "illegal" (non-taxed, non-regulated,
non-doctor dispensed) drugs.  But who's reporting that?

While you're mulling over the loss of your constitutional right to bear arms
to protect your family from an oppressive government that can't protect
them.... well, think about how personal and how warped laws and regulations
have become.  My new car insists on locking me in.  At least the windows
roll all the way down...  But I don't have kids and when I did have small
children, I never lost one out the window!  I can't open a pill bottle but I
don't even know anyone who's kid got sick from eating a pain reliever much
less Advil!

Now "they" are telling you to castrate your stud dog or shell over the bucks
to keep him whole.  The show bitch you raised from a promising whelp to
become the future of your bitch line has to be spayed - or else.  And these
are not "dangerous dogs" we're talking about.  It is your Cocker, your
Newfie, or your toy Poodle.  You start counting heads, and the yearly bribe
to your county or city is can be more than the "rent" you pay them to live
in the house you "own." Sobering thought.  So it isn't a fee, it is
blackmail!  Extortion.

Lay your list aside.  You get the point.  You can no longer have an intact
dog behind the expensive fencing you installed because you are a responsible
owner.  You live in a penthouse with a toy dog that uses pee pee pads?
Doesn't matter, they will know you have him, microchips and vet records are
a dead giveaway....  So pay the surgical fee or pay off the racketeers, i.e.
politicians.

 Make no mistake.   The current legislation mania is but one more step in a
concerted, well organized plan to destroy all that Americans hold dear.
Communist plot?  Who knows?  There are some who catalog the first assault as
an obscure group calling itself "People For The Ethical Treatment Of
Animals."

Where did PETA get millions of start up funding with which to send out those
solicitations?  What about ALF and ELF?   Good questions but what matters is
that you recognize the threat and rise up to defeat it.  Our forefathers
left Europe because of oppression.  They came to a new land and carved out a
place to call home.  They dumped some tea in Boston Harbor to symbolize
freedom from unfair taxation.

For over a century, our soldiers have given their lives to protect the
hallmark of American beliefs - freedom from oppression and undue taxation.

Freedom from illegal search and seizure.  Sure.  Tell it to Denver dog
owners!

We protected our homes from "savages" and now we open the door to
inspectors.

We stood up to the King Of England.  Now we bow down to a dog warden.

We wrote a Constitution.  Now we are afraid to invoke our rights.

Brave men died so we could remain Americans, but who remembers the Alamo?

We are way too civilized now.  We "talk out" our problems.  We "come
together" and by committee, we hand over our rights.  Where once we elected
Leaders to represent us, we now send political lackeys out to collect bribes
and perks and we're so used to it, we shrug off the latest scandal on
nightly news.  Or do we?

Dog owners gave a solidly entrenched California senator the boot.  Kicked
her out in the primaries.  We're not rid of Santorum but he saw defeat and
tabled PAWS.  Now we have a NY Assemblywoman who says you can't crop or dock
your dog.  If I were to do my own tails (it would take one minute per pup,
no stressful trip to the vet for mom, and the pups would be back to sleep
before they could be put back on the nipple) I'd probably be fined a grand
per pup instead of the $500 per violation that publicity-seeking twit wants!

I hope New Yorkers do to her what Californians did to Speier.  Are we strong
enough to send a message, loud and clear?

We are Americans!  We come from fighting stock and we have seen the enemy.
Black, white, red, and yellow; we are mad Americans and we ain't gonna take
it any more.  Democrat, Republican, Independent, it does not matter.  We are
going to fight for the few rights we have left and our companion animals are
at the top of the list.

There has never been progress without revolt.  That is the foundation upon
which America was built.  Our forefathers brought their dreams and their
pets to America.  Dog owners are nearly half the population.  We hold the
power.  And we use it to defeat every politician who tries to take away our
God-given right to own dogs!  There's a new kid on the block and he's a dog
owner.  In fact, he probably has a bumper sticker that says "My Dog Votes"
and he means it!

Barbara J. Andrews

Managing Editor

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
"A lie gets halfway around the world before
the truth has a chance to put its pants on."
~ Winston Churchill
www.rihadin.com