[ SHOWGSD-L ] Editor search.

  • From: CARALAND@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:18:34 EDT

Evan writes:
"I remember when they were considering an editor, for some  reason the
committee looked at every possibility, except Gail. After a couple of  other
attempts
they did give the job to Gail who was so clearly the right choice  that it
amazed me that they took so long to get there."

There were several candidates for the editor's job at the time that Gail was
appointed. In fairness to those candidates, and to the club, all of those
candidates needed to be considered. After much discussion the board voted (Evan
among them) to have Dan Smith, Lee Trapp and myself travel to interview the
most
promising candidates including Gail. We did so, and following that
recommended that Gail with her two associates be given the job. It would have
been
irresponsible to have ignored the other candidates. I am sure that the present
board will consider all qualified applicants before making their decision.

Jack Newton