[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Eating dilemma

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:02:50 -0800 (PST)

I am not a Science Diet fan either.  After looking at the options for my
allergic dog (and his sister) I bought a bigger quantity of ground beef, the
beef I eat raw.

  No dog can resist!!!!!!

  My picky eater is now eating heartly twice a day.  He is even coming over to
the prep area and watching.  He never did that before!!!!!
  Sheila
Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have a 9 year old PB papered bitch here, came in as a rescue. ( her breeder
said no to getting her back and has offered no help at all with anything )

She is eating kibble and I was told that she eats twice a day with 1/2 tin of
Science Diet in her bowl each feeding. I don't want to feed her that "crud",
but she is aged and I want to make her happy and not upset her routine.

What can I give her that she'll be happy with and still eat? If I gave her a
couple tbsp of tuna or salmon from a can would that be better? What's a good
tasty additive?

Colleen Donnelly

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

"Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is
it popular?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a
point when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor
popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells him or her that it
is right." ..Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!