[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eating Dirt

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist shepherd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:57:56 -0700

(and yes, it's time for THAT discussion again LOL)

All the dogs are eating dirt again, and they all started about the
same time... about the 5 REALLY hot day (was record breaking 112 the
other day).  The dogs are in completely different yards, in different
parts of the property, 2 in one, 2 in the other.    They are eating
different kibble (My son feeds different than I).  And they eat the
dirt  by the mouthfuls!  Coming out the other end as dirt, too, mixed
with the poop.

The water buckets are filthy each day, I'm having to dump and clean
about 3 times a day now.   They (none of them) are particularly
drinking MORE water, just about the same as normal.  Do you suppose
salt?  Has to do something with the heat, as that is the only thing
different lately.

Can't stop them, so just hope they know more than I what the heck they
are doing.

Stormy