[ SHOWGSD-L ] Easy training

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:52:53 EST

Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:

Bull  pen or roof over it...only way I know to stop a  true  Houdini.

Believe me, it wouldn't bother Houdini.

When we moved to California we had a bitch that often was in the house when
 we got home from any trip, even though we thought we had left her in the
kennel  in back when we left the house. After a couple of times Tedi and I
decided to  try to find out what was going on.

So, we talked loudly so our bitch, Berry, could hear us. We said, "OK, we
are going to the movies, and will be gone for at least two hours."  Then we
walked loudly to the car, and slamed each door. Then we opened the garage
and  closed it and stood out in front of the house on the sidewalk.

Evidently Berry was going over the back fence, down the street behind us,
around the block, down our street for five houses, over the fence in front,
and  through the doggy door into the house.

We caught her running hell bent along our street with a joyous look on her
face. She looked up to see Tedi and I standing on the sidewalk.  I didn't
know German shepherds could blush.  She stopped dead, looked behind her to
see if maybe she could just back up, and then decided she was busted, and
came  to us happy as can be.

We were laughing so hard, we just took her in the house, and whenever we
left after that, left her in the house.

Tedi and I are easily trained.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds