[ SHOWGSD-L ] East Coast Quality Breeders Association

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:54:02 -0400

ANYONE ELSE GET THIS?

We are currently in the process of setting up an association for quality
breeders on the East Coast.  It is the "East Coast Quality Breeders
Association" (ECQBA.org).  We are in development stages right now but we do
have our website up and operational for several states already.  We are open
to quality breeders all over the United States, as well as concerned dog
owners, but currently only offer separate legislation updates for those on
the East Coast.  We have recently added legislation in "other states" to our
website by popular demand.  If we have enough members from the West Coast
and / or Central US then we will consider setting up sister associations for
those areas as well.

We have two main goals - the first is to inform our members of current and
pending legislation in their areas - there are so many laws and proposed
laws governing dogs that we wish our members to become aware of and involved
in helping to pass / or boycott some of them.  We aim to provide a central
point  for Quality Breeders and Concerned Dog Owners alike to be able to
view and act on these laws.  There is currently a "spay neuter" law that is
creeping across the nation where you have to get your pup altered at the age
of four months!  If you wish to retain your dog "in tact" then there is a
yearly licensing fee of $1,000 per dog.  Most owners are not aware of this
new legislation until it has already been passed in their area and they
receive fines.

Our second goal is to provide a forum for Quality Breeders and prospective
puppy purchasers to ask questions so that those that are more experienced
can advise those needing help or in finding the best breed for their family
and situation.  You may have a female in season or in whelp and come across
a problem - post it to the list and receive answers immediately from those
that have had similar experiences.

We also offer a breeder directory of our members, as well as nationwide
resources pages and individual state resources.  We are currently developing
several partnerships so that we will be able to offer reduced prices for dog
food, kennel supplies and veterinarian services in your area.

We now have several partners and are able to offer you a six month trial
bronze membership at no cost.  We have provided a link in the center of our
home page so that you can click through and sign up for your trial.  We
would like to thank PupClassifieds.com for their recent support.

Please visit our site frequently as it is being updated and developed daily.
Legislation postings are made on a monthly basis by state. We hope to have
all of our information listed by the end of May 2008.

If you have a resource in your area that you would like to see listed, or if
you provide, or know of a service, that can help our members please contact
us.  Please also tell others about us - the more members we have the
stronger we are as a community and as a voice.

Thank you for your time,

Sarah Halbeck

Founder / Executive Director

East Coast Quality Breeders Association

Legislation, Information, Education & Resources

For Quality Dog Breeders

www.ecqba.org <http://www.ecqba.org/>

membership@xxxxxxxxx