[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EXCITING/INTERESTING NEW DOG FOOD !!!!

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:57:34 -0800 (PST)

It was rated pretty well on the food rating site too.  I am a little nervous
about the high protein no grain foods.  I am so "old School" that I worry about
kidney damage at high levels of protein, even though it may be unfopunded.  I
have tried EVO, but my dogs didn't like it very well, and at about $50 a bag, I
was not going to deal with that...lol.   Cynthia
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I've just come off a trial of the one with
salmon. It smelled a bit more
like fish than I would like, but other than that, it did seem to be a good
food. I had several small samples before trying this last big
bag.........everyone ate it, even my picky old boy........stools were good,
no one went "off" even a bit.
Of course, that's not a very long trial.....but in the past I've tried a
few that no one would touch, or some would for a day or two and THEN no one
would. As I said, they all liked this and seemed to do well on it. The
ingredient list was pretty good, too. I don't think my supplier carries the
other flavours, but I can always look around to see!
And oh, one other thing, it doesn't swell too much when you feed wet
(add water)........so they are getting what you think they're getting!
Peggy
.
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 2:37 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] EXCITING/INTERESTING NEW DOG FOOD !!!!