[ SHOWGSD-L ] EPI Help

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:47:03 -0400

Hi List,

I really need your help on this one.  My EPI girl now has elevated liver
enzymes.  Maggie is almost 7yrs old.  She was diagnosed with EPI at age 3.  She
has been doing fine and even showing in Juniors up until 8 mos ago when I
couldn't get her weight under control.  She is actually now about 6-8lbs under
her ideal weight so he have made progress there.  She gets TLI's and blood
panels every Aug.  I wasn't liking what I was seeing so I got her tested early.
 Her liver enzymes are showing high.  Her glucose is a bit low but at least we
aren't talking diabetes, a real issue with EPI dogs.  Her nutritional levels
are all showing normal so the pancreatic enzymes are working.  Other symptoms
include poor muscle memory.  She likes to fence fight, which is actually
palying as she isn't aggressive and it seems both these dogs enjoy it, tails
wagging and no hackles.  But, when I call her off, her legs go all whacky for a
couple minutes until she settles down.  However, her attitude, en
 ergy and appetite are all normal.  I am really perplexed as to what is going
on here.  Is there another health issue in GSD's involving the liver that I may
be dealing with?  My vet is perplexed as well.  We have sent her blood and
urine to Texas A&M for further studies.  They run the EPI studies.

If anyone has had any similar experiences, please email me, privately.  I am
looking for any ideas to help this girl.

Thank you,

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.