[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ENLARGED SPLEEN--please help--???

  • From: "Patricia Hiscock" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cheradongsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:43:40 -0500

Cheri,

Don't think the worst.  I had a dog who had torsioned and they did not take
out his spleen at the time of the surgery.  About a month later, I found out
that his spleen was very enlarged, like Jenna's.  I believe it was four or
five times larger than normal.  The recommendation was to remove the spleen
which was done.  There was no cancer and there was never an explanation why
the spleen had become so enlarged.  My dog survived the second major surgery
and lived to be almost 13 years old with no further problems.

Please don't give up hope.  I know the fear you are going through.

Pat
Castle Kennels, LTD
Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign
www.castlekennels.com

There must be someone out there who has dealt with spleen problems.? Because
it is that big only since May--does that mean it is probably cancer and even
if we do the operation, I will lose her within a short time anyway?

?Please--I need some info on this.? I am dying inside to think that I might
lose my precious Jenna soon.
I dont know how I can live without her.

?