[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH? What Coat?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:46:04 -0700

Now that IS FUNNY!!
Have you forgotten Terry how we all laughed at how out of coat our Black Orchid
was when she won
the G.Vx. title??    <G>
I had paced ringside after bathing her trying to decide whether to even show
her or not! <G>    She was
as out of coat as I have ever seen a dog......and add that to a solid
black.........."it ain't pretty".....and
when a bitch sheds according to her seasons there is nothing I know to do......
that's for sure!
Add to that a dog or bitch you are getting ready to show at the National at
that level of competition.....well
it just seems to be one of those 'Murphy's Law'  things.......<G>
When a bitch starts shedding......I figure almost 3 months.   A month shedding,
almost a month coatless
and almost a month before it is fully back "in" coat as ours come in season
before they are in full coat.
Bo was not back in a nice plush coat till a month after that National.
Supplements have not helped us.......we've tried them all.........we don't
really supplement at all anymore.
The dogs DO like to play in the river when we take them and I do feel like I'm
at least " trying "  by letting them
play in the cold water..............<G> ......and brushing and bathing never
hurts.
Sorry.....no help here from me.....
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com