[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ?? Let's do this step by step.

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

We are debating something without having enough facts to have a debate. That
leads to emotional battles instead of sensible sharing of ideas.

Kathy, why don't you do exactly what you said. The next step would need to be -
gather information and present a complete outline of a program of testng. We
need facts:
Can it be done?
How will it be done? Hair/blood/urine/saliva/???? How will samples be collected
and handled?
Who will do it? Specifics
Costs?   How will it be paid for?
Safeguards for club and exhibitors. (there will be litigation)
AKC reaction?

Once there is an outline with all the facts provided, we can actually have a
discussion. Until then we are just raising everyone's stress level.

So, for now, I am lookng forward to seeing the proposal and hearing a civil
debate on the subject.
Ruth