[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: culzeans1@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:34:45 -0700

It is true.  It happens at big shows and little , with top kennels and
not.   Not everyone is guilty, and there are some
which do it to the point where it has become A JOKE, AND AN EXPECTED NORM
for any dog from their kennel, or in
their care to be dyed.  Even if the few that aren't dyed by some of these
people , are suspect, because they
do it so regularly, and with such "untouchability".  if that is a word?
They (the biggest offenders ) do it because the KNOW there is currently
nothing immediately in place at a National or local show, to test, and by
the time the AKC steps in....the evidence could very well be gone...or the
dog.
You are right, in retrospect I wish I had said something at that moment.  To
be quite honest, I was so shocked at the ARROGANCE of these people ,dyeing
dogs in the open, that I really couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.
One of those "rub your eyes" and "am I really seeing this?"
moments....between my eyes and my nose, it was clear, they were.  And yes I
do regret not stepping forward and nailing them for it....
but I am trying to remedy that now.   I am , along with many others are
trying to bring the issue to light, and to
have in place AT the National the way to make it not just available, but a
deterrent for those who wish to cheat their
way to awards. Level the playing field if you will, as much as is humanly
possible.  I believe the "trickle down" effect will be almost immediate to
region specialties and local ABs.

Again, it has gotten so commonplace with some, that it is laughed
about...esp when they do a bad job. Which they often do.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008