[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:01:16 EDT

I wonder how much more training and love these dogs could get if they  didn't
have to spend time of their life being dyed???

Now, I fancy myself a good groomer, but dyeing a dog?  Are you kidding  me?
I cant even dye my own hair right!!!!

I tried one time, to see what it was all about.....my poor dog, she looked
like a project from a first day class of beauty school, then we couldn't show
her for weeks, until it was washed away.......LOL......we learned our lesson,
she stayed blond and beautiful.

How about breeding dogs with better pigment??  WOW......what a
concept.........Or are you wondering if you are breeding to the Clairol  kennel?

I remember at a dog show, I was shocked to see the orange color on one dog,
and took my sunglasses off just in case it was the sunglasses.........oh no,
it  was the dog, still orange under the beautiful California sun.
Of course, the handler denied the Clairol connection, but for the life of
me, I have never been able to find another dog of that bloodline with THAT
color. No, the dog didn't win, the judge was seen also removing his
sunglasses..........hahaha.

I say if we can find a way to do this that is fiscally possible, go for it.
But no witch hunting, test all the dogs, or test none.

Ileana