[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??

  • From: "Tom Elkins" <firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:48:07 -0500

Terry  --  I'd say there is plenty of dyeing going on all over the woods.
It's definitely not restricted to certain areas. I'm hoping that more of the
people that seem to have a blasé attitude about it will start to realize
that we're in serious jeopardy of becoming a "fake" breed in regards to
color, and that what you see is NOT what you get. I'd rather see a dog that
is honestly faded. No big deal. As Kathy Tank has said, it can be greatly
improved in one generation. If we don't get a handle on this thing, the day
is coming soon when washed out pigment is the rule, not the exception.
Historically speaking, the surest way for a problem to become dominant is
for everyone to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it.

tom elkins
Firethorn Temple
http://www.firethorntemple.com

From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 2:05 PM

Terry obviously no matter what anyone says, you will not agree. That is your
option.  It is NOT a hobby, for example Eukanuba rakes in 11 million a year
for the Challenge when it is held there.  Now our Specialty is not that big,
but don't ever think it is "just a hobby" .  Maybe for you, but
it is a
business and profitable one for many.
It is backwards thinking to run from the problem. I would pose the
alternative question...Why not try?   Why the worry about testing, if people
are innocent?  If you send a dog to a handler conditioner, then maybe the
OWNER should have enough of a spine to tell them, or maybe contractually
state DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DYE MY DOG!! Maybe the owners should do
their homework on a handler /conditioner BEFORE THEY SEND THE DOG.
Again I have yet to hear a single valid argument against it...not one.
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle
WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Terry Cochran
<fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> What I find amazing is that this is a hobby for most. If it is as bad as
> you say it is then why

OST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original
kind

PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN,
AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.