[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EGOS

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

I will admit to having strong opinions.  But one of them is live and let live.
I feel I have the right to speak my feelings and to speak my opinions.  And I
get paid for my opinions too, sometimes.  But if you don't agree with me, fine.
 Go on and have a great day.  I don't really mind.

  We are all entitiled to think and feel what we like.  I have been told over
and over not to lead train my pups.  But my lifestyle does not allow for my
dogs to be difficult on lead.  So they will just have to go be show/kennel dogs
when the time comes.  And I am very sure they will be just fine.  They will
also be very good show dogs, at least behaviorally, I can think what I like
about the rest.

  But here at home they are ladies and gentlemen.  My dogs, all 4 are
ambassadors for the breed.  That comes first in my mind.  Afterall GSD''s have
just been declared dangerous in a town in Mississippi.  Right, my Bucko is a
dangerous dog, that mayor needs to meet my dogs before making such stupid
comments and passing such inane laws.

  JMHO
  sheila
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:
  My thoughts on this, is that there are really just very few who stoop to the
hateful barrage. Most of us will post our agreement or disagreement with a
post without lowering ourselves to put down another's opinion. For Instance
(AND ONLY A FOR INSTANCE!), regarding the obed trained vs not for conformation
show dogs. It is interesting to read the opinions of those who do both. Or
offer my own. This does not mean that we are 'slamming' those that disagree,
just that 'this' or 'that' works for you/me.

If somebody writes something that appears outrageous, courtesy would expect a
question of "Why do you believe that way?" w/out denigrating the author of
the statement. If I can't do that, (and believe me, there are times LOLOL!), I
simply won't post to that 'thread'. Simple way for it to just stop.

Often a hateful response to a post (as hateful or wrong as the original
poster might be), is the tinder that creates the firestorm.

JMO

Stormy
In a message dated 8/27/06 11:04:10 AM, Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I wish we could stop the petty backstabbing, sniping and just LOVE our
> dogs.  Is it REALLY that hard?  Is "MY" (universal my) WAY REALLY THE ONLY
> WAY?
> Is raw the only way?  is kibble the only way?  Are housedogs the only way?
> Are kennel dogs the only way?  Et al. . .  At the top of my wish-list is the
> hope that we could all get along and sometimes just agree to disagree.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

starting at 1¢/min.