[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EARLY WARNING

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:34:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2010 12:50:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

There  are some things we can save money on. I don't agree that taking away

expenses or limiting the payment for the board members is a sensible  one.

Let's remember that they give up their time to serve,  that they take the
blame  for what goes wrong, they never get credit  for what they do, and
the
meetings is  a small part of the time they  dedicate for us.
I replied privately to Susan, but in hindsight, it is a point the list may
like to understand.  There were 2 posts and I am including them, but not
Susan response.
So for your consideration, here they are...........

Will give you another spin on this that goes back many years.  The  club
gets its meeting rooms free at most of these hotels BUT the glitch is  they
have to rent so many rooms. So, if you save the room rent on 1 person  driving
instead of staying and the rooms fall under there comp requirement of  20
(19 board members and sometimes 2 other rooms for futurity chair or Review
editor if required to come) and then we pay over $300 a day for the meeting
room, how does it save?  There is often a reason for everything, but you
have to know all the facts. As Evan says, they are stubborn things.....and
cannot be denied.
Molly

Frequently I rent 10-15 rooms at the national because I can get everyone a
better rate.  when you do it this way, they will go by room nights and
instead of the comp room they will apply the discount usually at 20 room nights
 and cut us an extra 10% after AARP etc.  20 is generally the magic number
it seems.