[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dual Sires (new topic)

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:09:00 -0500 (EST)

Well in theory, for those that seldom breed the benefit would be  great.
Instead of two breedings, you just do one, hold back the puppies  you liked
and see which pedigree clicked better.  Anyway....that's the  theory.  Of
course it's a crap shoot.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 1/23/2013 10:29:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

I have  thought about this a lot. That is always a dangerous thing for   me.

There are not that many great stud dogs that I want to breed my  bitch to.
think long and hard about who I would want to use, and then  who will match
with  my bitch. I study the lines, look at what has  been produced, how the
bitches  worked with one dog or another. Then,  to be honest, I ask Tedi
what
I want to  do.

However, I have  never seen a situation where I want to divide a litter in
order to  "test" or something the dog or bitch with two males.  I just
can't
think of any advantage.  If you get good puppies from one and not  the
other, that is no promise it won't be different in the next  breeding.

Maybe it is because we at our house usually breed a litter  one time every
two years or so. But, if we did more breedings, I  would want the biggest
litter  possible from the best bitch to the  best male I could find.

Maybe this discussion should begin with a  statement as to what advantage
there is in breeding to two males at  the same time?  I must be missing
something.

Or, maybe  it is like robbing banks. I think it was Dillinger who when
asked
why he  robbed banks, he said, because that is where the money is.

Evan  L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where  Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a  message dated 1/22/13 8:18:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
DARLINBOO@xxxxxxx writes:

The  breeding we did with dual sires  was with both stud dog owners knowing

and in  agreement.   In fact, we did AI's with the younger dog   followed
by
natural breedings with the older dog.    Both  owners were OK with  this.
Interestingly, all  pups were  by the older dog and the natural
breedings????

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.